Re: postgresql-10 for ubuntu-17.10 (artful)?

От Stuart McGraw
Тема Re: postgresql-10 for ubuntu-17.10 (artful)?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/27/2017 11:07 AM, Steve Atkins wrote:
>> On Dec 26, 2017, at 6:21 PM, Stuart McGraw <smcg4191@mtneva.com> wrote:
>> Is there a repository for Postgresql-10 available at
>> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt for Ubuntu-17.10 (artful)?
>> When I look at the dist/ subdirectory there, there seem to be repos
>> for all the other Ubuntu releases including an upcoming one
>> (bionic) but not artful.
>>
>> Am I looking in the wrong place?  (I am new to Ubuntu and Debian
>> packaging.)
>
> I think that LTS releases (14.04, 16.04, 18.04) are the main releases
> targeted, with intermediate releases only added if they're
> incompatible with the previous LTS release.
>
> See the FAQ at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ  - I think
> you should be able to use the 17.04 package on 17.10.
>
> Cheers, Steve

Thanks.  I added the 17.04 PGDG repository:
  deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ zesty-pgdg main
and postgresql-10 and friends installed ok.  But later installing
a different package:

   or been moved out of Incoming.
       postgresql-autodoc : Depends: libdbd-pg-perl but it is not going
       to be installed

further,

   # apt-get install libdbd-pg-perl
   [... same message as from ansible except: ]
       libdbd-pg-perl : Depends: perlapi-5.24.1 but it is not installable
   # apt-get install perlapi
   E: Unable to locate package perlapi

   # apt show -a 'libdbd-pg-perl'
   [...output abbreviated...]
   Package: libdbd-pg-perl
   Version: 3.7.0-1~pgdg17.04+1
   Depends: perl (>= 5.24.1-2ubuntu1), perl-dbdabi-94, perlapi-5.24.1,
     libc6 (>= 2.14), libpq5 (>= 8.4~), libdbi-perl (>= 1.614)

   Package: libdbd-pg-perl
   Version: 3.6.2-2build1
   Depends: perl (>= 5.26.0-4), perl-dbdabi-94, perlapi-5.26.0,
     libc6 (>= 2.14), libpq5 (>= 8.4~), libdbi-perl (>= 1.614)

As I said, I am new to Ubuntu packaging so whether the problem
is something I need to research elsewhere and fix, or if it is
an actual problem with the PGDG repository, is not clear to me.

(Yes, I realize
  https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
says only LTS releases of Ubuntu are "fully" supported, but if
it just takes a minor fix to make things work with 17.10...)

Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?