Data problem - error "invalid attribute number # for "

От Sebastien Boisvert
Тема Data problem - error "invalid attribute number # for "
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We've received a client's database which was giving errors and refusing to be backed up; at this point we do not know
what'shappened to the database to corrupt it (likely a hardware or power failure, etc.)

The error that is being given when trying to do selects on the affected table or doing a pg_dump is:

ERROR:  invalid attribute number 32533 for largedata

We've tried to see if we can resolve this error, but

- there's no error number associated with it, so it's difficult to reference
- there doesn't seem to be any information on it (searches for 'invalid attribute number' only return past troubles for
whichthis error was only a symptom, no the main issue).

As I mentioned, we've tried doing a pg_dump, vacuuming the affected table, and trying to select anything from it, all
resultingwith the error above. At this point, we're left wondering:

- what does this error mean exactly (is it a problem with the data? with the schema?)
- how should we go about dealing with it (what else should we try?)

Of note: we ARE able to pg_dump the database if we exclude the affected table; right now our plan (short of any
successfulsolutions) is to recover the table's data from a known good backup to recover the table data.

Any suggestions/info appreciated.

Seb

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
athttp://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php