Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Дата
Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?  (Dan Kaminsky <dan@doxpara.com>)
Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> (I don't believe OpenSSL does this verification either, because AFAICS
> OpenSSL only ever sees the IP address of the server, and not the FQDN)

In common usages libpq doesn't have the FQDN of the server either.
To impose such a requirement, we'd have to forbid naming the server
by IP address or via a domain-search-path abbreviation.