Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:57:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> To impose such a requirement, we'd have to forbid naming the server
> by IP address or via a domain-search-path abbreviation.

If you ask me, the second idea at least is a good one anyway.  In an
SSL context, search paths are a terrible idea.  (Frankly, they're a
terrible idea outside that context also, but that ship sailed some
time ago.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?