Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Christian Koth:

> For what reason are you planning to use a journaling FS? I think
> using WAL, fsyncing every transaction and using a journaling FS is
> tautologous.

The journal is absolutely required to preserve the integrity of the
file system's own on-disk data structures after a crash.  Even if
you've got a trustworthy file system checker (there are surprisingly
few of them, especially for advanced file systems without fixed data
structure locations), running it after a crash usually leads to
unacceptably high downtime.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
Durlacher Allee 47            tel: +49-721-96201-1

Сообщение: Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing
Сообщение: Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing