Re: 7.4.2 Build broken on (Sparc) Solaris 7 and 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.2 Build broken on (Sparc) Solaris 7 and 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour) writes:
> Diff'ing thread.c between 7.4.1 and 7.4.2, it *looks* like, at first
> blush, nothing changed that should affect the relevant code.

> Anybody got any idea what's broken?

The relevant change is probably this one:

* configure, configure.in, src/include/pg_config.h.in(REL7_4_STABLE): Properly set NEED_REENTRANT_FUNCS for
threadedlibpq/ecpg.Withoutthis patch, no thread locking or *_r functions were beingused.

(I also see some post-7.4.1 changes in src/template/solaris, so you
possibly should look there too.)

I'm betting that thread.c never worked on your platform, but wasn't
compiled before.

Easiest answer is probably to not do --enable-thread-safety.  If you
really want that, you'll need to dig in and figure out how to make that
code work on your platform.  Send a patch if you figure it out.