Re: 7.4.2 Build broken on (Sparc) Solaris 7 and 8

От jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: 7.4.2 Build broken on (Sparc) Solaris 7 and 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

[snip]

> (I also see some post-7.4.1 changes in src/template/solaris, so you
> possibly should look there too.)
[snip]

I think I have the fix for part of it, but this remains...
   gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes    -Wmissing-declarations -fPIC -I. -I../../../src/include
 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DFRONTEND    -DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"'  -c -o thread.o thread.c   thread.c: In
function`pqGethostbyname':   thread.c:189: error: `resbuf' undeclared (first use in this function)

Looking at src/port/thread.c, line 189, it looks like somebody typo'd.
Looks like that second parameter should be "resultbuf", not "resbuf"?

The above compile error happens on Solaris 7, but not Solaris 8.  So
next I have to see why the difference and if there *should* be a
difference.  But I still suspect the above is a coding error.  Let me
know and, if so, I'll fix it here, look into the other part, and submit
a patch for it all.

Regards,
Jim