Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)
Дата
Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)  (Susanne Ebrecht <susanne@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
>       * Should we consistently use entities for encoding non-ASCII
>         characters in SGML?  Or use LATIN1 freely?

I think we previously discussed this and agreed that all non-ASCII in
the SGML docs should be written as entities.  The existence of
violations of that rule is just, well, a violation that ought to be
fixed.

>       * Should we allow/use non-ASCII characters in the release notes?
>       * What encoding should the HISTORY file have?

Ideally "sure, if entity-ified", but I don't know what to do about
HISTORY.

>       * Should we allow non-ASCII characters in general source files?

Prefer "no" here.

Сообщение: Re: createuser/dropuser username
Сообщение: Re: createuser/dropuser username