Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)

От Susanne Ebrecht
Тема Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 20.05.2011 13:56, Tom Lane wrote:
>>        * Should we allow non-ASCII characters in general source files?
> Prefer "no" here.

I only see two reasons for non-ASCII signs in English.
Either it is a foreign name of e.g. a person
or it is a word that English took from French like in déjà vu.
For the second I am sure you will find synonyms that are ASCII only.

The only other reason that I can see for non-ASCII signs in our docs is
for demonstrating collations.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant