Re: GNUmakefile size 0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GNUmakefile size 0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Laurens Wagemakers <l.wagemakers@truston.com> writes:
> [ configure generated a zero-size GNUmakefile ]

> ./configure delivered following error signals:
> configure: warning: TCL/TK support disabled; tcl shell is not in your path
> sed: command garbled: s%@CC_VERSION@%gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 (several times)

I think the latter is the issue.  My recollection is that PG 7.0's
configure only expects "gcc --version" to produce a single line of
version info, but recent versions of gcc are more verbose than that.
This leads to a sed script that sed doesn't like, leading to no sed
output into GNUmakefile.

You'll need to hack the configure script to truncate gcc's output to one
line.  In CVS tip the relevant bit of the script looks like

# Create compiler version string
if test x"$GCC" = x"yes" ; then
  cc_string="GCC `${CC} --version | sed q`"
else
  cc_string=$CC
fi

BTW, there is a *very* long list of reasons not to run PG 7.0 anymore;
I think you should take a harder look at upgrading whatever it is you
think needs it.