Re: [HACKERS] scanner/parser for FOREIGN KEY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] scanner/parser for FOREIGN KEY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     we  still need the enhancement of the scanner/parser combo to
>     enable FOREIGN KEY specification as  column  constraint  (the
>     due to shift/reduce disabled NOT DEFERRABLE part).
>     IMHO this must be done before going into BETA.  As discussed,
>     a little token lookup/queueing between lex and  yacc  can  do
>     the  trick. I'd like to add a slightly generic method for it,
>     so the lookahead function can be reused if we  sometimes  get
>     trapped again with a similar problem.
>     Do we have a consensus to implement it that way now?

AFAIR that was the only concrete solution offered.  I think Thomas
wanted to look into whether he could tweak the grammar to avoid the
problem without lookahead, but he hasn't produced any results ---
and I misdoubt that a fix done that way will be any cleaner than
inserting a lexer lookahead interface.

In short, it's fine by me but I dunno if Thomas has signed on yet.