Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why
Список pgsql-general

On 11/06/2017 01:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
>>    idle_in_transaction_session_timeout | 0       | default |
>> |            | A value of 0 turns off the timeout. | user
> Meh.  I think we're barking up the wrong tree anyway: so far as I can
> find, there is no error message reading 'idle transaction timeout'
> in the existing PG sources (and I sure hope no committer would have
> thought that such an ambiguous message text was satisfactory).
> So I think your error is coming from client-side or third-party code.
> What other moving parts have you got in there?
>
>             regards, tom lane
The most likely culprit is JOOQ, which I chose as a learning experience
(normally I use ORM tools).  But that said, I just ran the same data
into my test env, (postgres 10.0 (real) on centos 6.9, ubuntu client)
and all went swimmingly.  It's a sizable payload (several batches of
over 100K items, deserialized from json) and takes 5 minutes to save.

I was hoping to blame the virt or the beta.  Not a good time to start
doubt JOOQ