Re: [ADMIN] Limits on Tables?

От James Olin Oden
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Limits on Tables?
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Limits on Tables?  (Gerald Brandt <gbr@hvdc.ca>)
Список pgsql-admin
> Hi there,
>
> I have an app that has some basic tables.  When a new project is created
> in the app, it creates 5 new tables (inherited from some base ones).  A
> single project will never go outside of its tables.
>
> What kind of speed problems will I be seeing when there are a lot of
> projects?  Say I have 100 projects, that would be 500 tables, plus a
> couple of base tables, say 510 tables.
>
> Am I going to start seeing major problems?

Could share with us the tables you are using as base tables?  I suspect that
you may not need to do this scheme of duplicating tables, but could rather
have a table that has a project ID, that you use to segregate your project
data amongst these tables.  At anyrate I would love to see the tables you
have, and then I would know if how best to help....james