Re: Does btrfs on Linux have a negative performance impact for PostgreSQL 13?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Does btrfs on Linux have a negative performance impact for PostgreSQL 13?
Дата
Re: Does btrfs on Linux have a negative performance impact for PostgreSQL 13?
Список pgsql-performance

> On Apr 24, 2021, at 11:27, Simon Connah <simon.n.connah@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm curious, really. I use btrfs as my filesystem on my home systems and am setting up a server as I near releasing
myproject. I planned to use btrfs on the server, but it got me thinking about PostgreSQL 13. Does anyone know if it
wouldhave a major performance impact?

This is a few years old, but Tomas Vondra did a presentation comparing major Linux file systems for PostgreSQL:

    https://www.slideshare.net/fuzzycz/postgresql-on-ext4-xfs-btrfs-and-zfs

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Does btrfs on Linux have a negative performance impact for PostgreSQL 13?
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Does btrfs on Linux have a negative performance impact for PostgreSQL 13?