Data Systems Administrator needed in San Diego, CA

От James Guzman
Тема Data Systems Administrator needed in San Diego, CA
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs

Data Systems Administrator needed in San Diego, CA

No recruiters or agencies please! Looking for candidates in So Cal or candidates moving with plans to move to San Diego.

We are Luth Research, San Diego’s premier Market Research firm. We need bright people who enjoy developing and working with state-of-the-art technologies that are designed to enhance and support the very best in developing new technologies to measure insights.

Luth Research is located downtown San Diego. We offer competitive salaries, a rich benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), free onsite and reimbursed parking plus a casual work environment. We are The Trusted Connection Between People and Research while delivering world class service to our customers.

As our Data Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the following:

·         Develop, implement, administer, and maintain databases, data marts, ETLs and data warehouses to ensure the stability of continuing operations and the successful design of new products and services.

·         Provide the technical lead in data management and data manipulation for the development of large data products to provide the best possible solutions and implementations.

·         Maintain and improve existing databases and data models to maximize the reliability and functionality.

·         Develop specifications, requirements, data models, and other documentation to implement new processes and products to create new revenue streams for the company.

·         Design and maintain a large volume data warehouse to facilitate the maximum performance within a low cost framework.

·         Assist research analysts in accessing data, developing algorithms to create derived data points, and other analysis requirements

·         Assist the development team in the integration of disparate data sources into a data warehouse environment, and the development of reports for placement within internal and external web  portals

·         Garner and apply industry best practices to software development to ensure Luth incorporates the best and latest thinking into its software products and services.

·         Any other tasks and projects assigned by Executive Management.

Education, Experience and Skills:

·         Extensive experience in designing, developing, and implementing information database technology to store, access, and render data to software applications.

·         Experience in database design and management.

·         Exposure to or willing to rapidly learn open source based database and data warehouse technologies such as PostgreSQL and Greenplum.

·         Experience with using ETL tools and other methods to merge disparate databases into a data warehousing environment.

·         Bachelors of Science in a Computer Science related field as well as at least 6 years database administration, architecture, and design experience.

·         Exposure to open source large data processing techniques such as Hadoop/HDFS.

·         Experience managing relational data sources greater than 1 TB in size or HDFS clusters greater than 50TB.

·         Strong aptitude for mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.

·         Experience with rendering data in meaningful manner with dashboards and reports.

·         Team player and effective communication in explaining technical requirements/processes.

For more information about Luth Research, please visit our web site at www.luthresearch.com.

Please submit your cover letter and resume to resumes@luthresearch.com. Please put Data Systems Admin in the subject line.

Luth Research is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and to making employment decisions based on merit and value.  We will comply with all Federal, State and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.

James T. Guzman
Hiring Manager
Luth Research
jguzman@luthresearch.com

1365 Fourth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Office: 619.234.5884 ext 8087
Fax: 619.234.5888
Mobile: 619.708.7679
Follow Luth Research on LinkedIn Follow Luth Research on Twitter Follow Luth Research on Facebook

ZQ Intelligence™ tracks digital behaviors and purchases for over 150 leading online retailers.
Contact Us to append digital data to your surveys.
Corporate Site: Luth Research
Community Site: SurveySavvy®

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this message is confidential and proprietary and is solely for the internal use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or dissemination of, or reliance on, the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

Вложения

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: