Database Consultant opportunity at EnterpriseDB - full time

От Martin Knutson
Тема Database Consultant opportunity at EnterpriseDB - full time
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs
Database Consultant

Job Location:
Bedford, MA preferred, but willing to let right candidate work out of a home office any where in the US with practical access to air travel.

PostgreSQL is a rapidly growing open source database project, and EnterpriseDB is at the forefront of making PostgreSQL successful in enterprises of all sizes.  Key to making our customers successful is a world class consulting organization.  We are looking to hire great people to keep up with the pace of our customers.

We are looking for a customer facing person who can work on site and remotely with clients to deliver EnterpriseDB technical services.  This includes understanding their business, developing recommendations, coding, and delivering training where appropriate. The ideal candidate has a strong blend of people skills and in depth knowledge of database deployments.  Communication skills, both written and verbal are as important as technical skills.  In addition to delivering technical services, this person in this role will provide feedback to sales and sales engineering for new business opportunities, as well as working with development engineering on helping to define the evolution of our products.  This position requires significant travel.  Interested candidates should send their resume and contact information to careers@enterprisedb.com and martin.knutson@enterprisedb.com.

Job Responsibilities:     - Evaluate customer deployments of PostgreSQL, Postgres Plus and Postgres Plus Advanced Server and make recommendations on how to improve them.
    - Support customers in the development of custom Postgres-based applications
    - Deliver PostgreSQL Postgres Plus and Postgres Plus Advanced Server courses over the web and on site.
    - Perform database Migrations from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL to PostgreSQL
    - Performance tune and make performance tuning recommendations to existing database deployments
    - Set up High Availability configurations using PostgreSQL

A qualified candidate must:     - Have a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
    - At least two years of DBA level experience for PostgreSQL or Oracle
    - Be well versed in SQL
    - Be familiar with database design and building applications for PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other databases
    - General system administration and performance skills for Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat, or Debian), including facility with scripting.

Working knowledge of MS Windows.

    - Must be a US citizen
    - Must be able to travel up to 60%+
    - Have strong written and verbal communication skills

Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:     - Working directly with customers
    - Have experience deploying open source software
    - Working with virtual teams and from remote office locations
    - Experience with programming languages like C, PHP, python, Java or Ruby.

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: