Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> * This seems to be assuming that the user has set LC_MONETARY and
>> LC_NUMERIC the same.  What if they're different?

> Strictky speaking they should be handled individually.

I thought about this some more, and I wonder why you did it like this at
all.  The patch claimed to be copying the LC_TIME code, but the LC_TIME
code isn't trying to temporarily change any locale settings.  What we
are doing in that code is assuming that the system will give us back
the localized strings in the encoding identified by CP_ACP; so all we
have to do is convert CP_ACP to wide chars and then to UTF8.  Can't we
use a similar approach for the output of localeconv?