Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tim,

> On 17. Jan, 2021, at 09:43, Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Highly recommend a mutt and imap combination. Your not locked into any
> particular mail folder format, can still access things via mobile
> devices and can process messages fast and efficiently.

also, there's the good old elm. ;-)

> He was amazed when I showed him all he needed to do was highlight the
> error message, copy it and paste it into the message. This guy was one
> of the senior developers on the team.
>
> I switched employers a few weeks later.

one just can't know it all, I can understand that. But I expect a senior developer to develop good software. Knowing at
leastbasic functionality of the tools s/he uses is one aspect of it. Copy/paste text is a basic thing which I expect a
developerto know how to use, be it a terminal window or the IDE in use.

The buzz-title "senior" developer/dba/whatever is very relative to what the company sees in you. I found that what is
called"junior" in one company is "senior" or even "seasoned" in the next. These are only buzz words without a proper
normand classification and I don't give them much credit.

With about 21 years of experience, my company calls me "Senior Oracle DBA". Still, I don't know RAC because we never
hadit, and know only little of Data Guard, which is way too complicated and bloated anyway. Oracle is so bug-ridden
thatI spend all of my day searching for fixes for databases and the OEM. Thank god, my day shifts more and more to
PostgreSQL.:-)

Cheers,
Paul

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?