Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sridevi B <sridevi17@gmail.com> writes:
>    I am facing an issue with backup/Restore for data size more than *2GB*.

I'm suspicious that you're running into some limit external to postgres
itself.  A couple of likely possibilities:

* maybe you've got a ulimit active on the server or the pg_dump or
pg_restore proces.

* if you're using SSL encryption on the connection, you might be running
into known bugs in openssl's management of renegotiation.  This is made
more likely by the fact that you're running such an old OS release (and
PG 9.2.9 is not exactly up to date either).  We changed the default
value of ssl_renegotiation_limit to zero around 9.2.14, and you might
want to set that explicitly in your 9.2.9 server.