Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/14/2017 09:48 AM, Sridevi B wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>    I am facing an issue with backup/Restore for data size more than
> *2GB*. Its working fine for *1GB*.
>

> Below are the details for issue:

> The command pg_dump is hanging at saving large objects and process gets
> terminated after some time.
>

> The command pg_restore is hanging at executing BLOB and getting
> terminated after some time.

When you refer to BLOB do you mean large objects:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/largeobjects.html

or something else?

> Expecting: pg_dump/pg_restore should work for minimum large data size <20GB.

What data size are you talking about, the entire dump file or an object
in the file?

> PostgreSQL version number you are running: postgres92-9.2.9-1.x86_64
>
>  How you installed PostgreSQL:
>
>       Linux RHEL(Backup) installed using rpm.
>
>              CentOS7.2(Restore) installed using yum.
>
>  Operating system and version:
>
>       Backup - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
>
>              Restore -centos-release-7-2.1511.el7.centos.2.10.x86_64
>

> What program you're using to connect to PostgreSQL: pg_dump/pg_restore
> using shell script

What are the scripts?

> Is there anything relevant or unusual in the PostgreSQL server logs?:
>
>           Pg_dump verbose log: stuck after: pg_dump: saving large objects
>
>                         Pg_restore verbose log: Stuck after: pg_restore:
> restoring large objects
>
>                                 Some times: pg_restore: pg_restore:
> processing item 4376515 BLOB 4993394
>
>                                             pg_restore: executing BLOB
> 4993394
>
> For questions about any kind of error:
>

> What you were doing when the error happened / how to cause the error:
> Tried options pg_dump using split and restore. Still same issue exists.

Explain split and restore?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com