Re: Deparsing rewritten query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deparsing rewritten query
Дата
Re: Deparsing rewritten query  (Gilles Darold <gilles@darold.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 10:34:52AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's not very hard to imagine someday moving view
>> expansion into the planner on efficiency grounds, leaving the rewriter
>> handling only the rare uses of INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE rules.

> Agreed.  One the other hand having such a function in core may ensure that any
> significant change in those area will keep an API to retrieve the final query
> representation.

My point is precisely that I'm unwilling to make such a promise.

I do not buy that this capability is worth very much, given that
we've gotten along fine without it for twenty-plus years.  If you
want to have it as an internal, might-change-at-any-time API,
that seems all right.  If you're trying to lock it down as something
that will be there forevermore, you're likely to end up with nothing.

Сообщение: Re: Deparsing rewritten query
Сообщение: Re: Deparsing rewritten query