Re: Data Partition is Growing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Data Partition is Growing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mike Darretta <michael.darretta.ctr@metnet.navy.mil> writes:
> I'm an application developer trying to understand a pg data partition
> issue. We are storing large objects (gifs) at a rate of about 1GIG /day.
> After about a week, most of the objects are recycled -- that is, an
> insert triggers a delete of a similar object. The postgres data
> partition, though, continues to grow, even though the objects are
> successfully deleted from the application *and* largeobject tables.

You need to check your free-space-map settings --- it sounds like the
FSM is not large enough to keep track of all the free space in
pg_largeobject.

If you do a "vacuum verbose" across the whole database, the tail end of
the (voluminous) printout will tell you something about where you need
to set the FSM parameters.