Re: Building source code of PostgreSQl-7.1

От Medi Montaseri
Тема Re: Building source code of PostgreSQl-7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In other words, are you sure you want to use 7.1 which is about 5 years old ?
Also note that there are binary versions for various platforms, ready to be used.

Cheers
Medi

On 8/20/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

Kuriakose, Cinu Cheriyamoozhiyil wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I was in  the process of downloading the source code of PostgreSQL-7.1
> through CVS, and I was able to do that with the command :
>

> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co
> -rREL7_1 -P pgsql
>

> Now this source code is downloaded is in the pgsql folder, can anyone
> please tell me the command to build PostgreSQL-7.1 binary from this
> source code.
>
> Awaiting response.

Not to be unkind but, "Good god, WHY!??"

If you really must know I suggest this link:

http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/c360

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Cinu

- --

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997   http://www.commandprompt.com/
                        UNIQUE NOT NULL

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster