Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Stavrides <pstav123@adelie.net> writes:
> Yes, I know, the -n switch.  No, 1262 never gets created as far as I can
> tell.  I am going to have to get much deeper into this, I'm afraid.

How about the other files in $PGDATA/global?  (Posting an ls -lR of
the post-failure $PGDATA might be helpful.)

pg_database should be created, and one entry put into it, as a result of
the first steps in the "Creating global relations" operation (the
postgres run that's reading global.bki).  Correct contents of
$prefix/share/global.bki for 7.1 are exhibited below --- does yours look
the same?

            regards, tom lane

# PostgreSQL 7.1
# 1 "/tmp/genbkitmp.c"
create bootstrap pg_database
 (
 datname = name ,
 datdba = int4 ,
 encoding = int4 ,
 datistemplate = bool ,
 datallowconn = bool ,
 datlastsysoid = oid ,
 datpath = text
 )
insert OID = 1 ( template1 PGUID ENCODING t t 0 "" )
close pg_database
create bootstrap pg_variable
 (
 varfoo = oid
 )
close pg_variable
create bootstrap pg_shadow
 (
 usename = name ,
 usesysid = int4 ,
 usecreatedb = bool ,
 usetrace = bool ,
 usesuper = bool ,
 usecatupd = bool ,
 passwd = text ,
 valuntil = int4
 )
insert OID = 0 ( "POSTGRES" PGUID t t t t _null_ _null_ )
close pg_shadow
create bootstrap pg_group
 (
 groname = name ,