Re: PATCH: Search Objects by definitions and comments

От J.F. Oster
Тема Re: PATCH: Search Objects by definitions and comments
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello Dave,

Saturday, June 7, 2014, 5:15:21 PM, you wrote:

DP> I had a play with this, and ran into an issue. I have multiple tables
DP> that match the pattern %waits in my test DB, so figured that would be
DP> a good test. It successfully finds the tables, but also finds the row
DP> datatypes associated with them, which are not shown in the treeview at
DP> the moment because "Show system objects" is turned off. Clicking on a
DP> type entry in the results leads to some crazyness

The issue with regular table types was there before but had no
chance to reveal itself. I forgot to mention earlier that PgAdmin 1.18
doesn't search for Types at all.

wxT("   WHERE t.typtype != 'd' AND t.typname NOT LIKE E'\\_%'    ")
had to be double-escaped:
wxT("   WHERE t.typtype != 'd' AND t.typname NOT LIKE E'\\\\_%'          ");

I couldn't reproduce the case you described in whole it's crazyness :)
but hope that it would be an appropriate fix to filter out table types
when "Show system objects" is off.

DP> One final issue for this revision - the two combo boxes at the top do
DP> not have enough space to live in (on OSX at least - please see the
DP> attached screenshot). Please give them some more wiggle room :-)

Done, changed vgap from 3 to 5.

Please see the attached patch.

--

--