Re: Why is my Postgre server went in recovery mode all in sudden

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Why is my Postgre server went in recovery mode all in sudden
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 05/11/2018 03:30 AM, nikhil raj wrote:
> Hi Adrian Klaver,
>
> No its like it opens  connection and once the query gets execute it goes
> to idle connection and again idle connection time out i kept it for 2 mins .
>
> It never happen again.
>
> need few answers
> why will share buffer crashes ?

 From the error message it was maybe shared memory:

"The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory."

I don't have an answer as it is not clear to me what process triggered
the exit. My suspicion is it was this:

"timestamp=2018-05-07 00:34:11.209
EDT,user=,db=,app=,client=,transaction-ID=0,session_start_timestamp=2018-04-26
10:08:19 EDT,SQL_state=00000LOG:  worker process: parallel worker for
PID 2864 (PID 4476) exited with exit code 0"

To me it looks like a parallel query process that ran for 11 days.
Is that possible and do you know what the query was doing?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com