Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Gary L. Burnore
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7 Nov 2004 20:01:51 GMT, "Andy" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>"Stephan Szabo" wrote:
>
>(politely snipped)
>
>Hi Stephan. As Robert tried to explain, this Mike Cox character

Hi Stephen, this "Andy" character isn't using a real name or address.

>is
>proposing that only the general list become an official Big-8
>newsgroup.

That's based on his not knowing the rules. Obviously this needs to
address the entire mess.

>That would kill all the other lists, because all the Usenet
>posters could only post to .general, meaning that the general list
>would be overwhelmed with posts that should go to the other lists. This
>would also significantly increase Marc's moderation workload, due to
>the increased volume of traffic and the fact that he may need to start
>redirecting posts to the appropriate lists.
>
>I see that usenetserver.com is your news server. Refresh your
>newsgroups list. You'll find a new newsgroup called
>alt.comp.databases.postgresql on your group list. Your server picked it
>up, just this morning, in fact. There isn't any traffic yet, but give
>it a month or so and that will change.

Doubtful.  Not everyone will pick it up. Alt.net and spam sites will.
That's not what you want.

>Usenetserver.com also operates a free text news server. The server
>address is free-text.usenetserver.com if anyone is intereste
>Retention is pretty darn good.

Define pretty darn good.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: "Gary L. Burnore"
Сообщение: Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.