Re: How to watch for schema changes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to watch for schema changes
Дата
Re: How to watch for schema changes
Список pgsql-general
On 07/03/2018 11:15 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:32 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> On 07/03/2018 10:21 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, ALL,
>>> Is there any trigger or some other means I can do on the server
>>> which will watch for CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE command and after successful
>>> execution of those will issue a NOTIFY statement?
>>

>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/event-triggers.html
>
> According to the documentation the lowest version it supports is 9.3.
> Anything prior to that?
>
> I'm working with OX 10.8 and it has 9.1 installed.
9.1 went EOL almost two years ago. The oldest supported version is 9.3,
though it will go EOL this September:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Are you forced to work with 9.1 or can you use something from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/

to get a newer version? FYI that will be a major upgrade so will require
a dump/restore or use of pg_upgrade.

> And a second question - how do I work with it?
> I presume that function will have to be compiled in its own module
> (either dll, so or dylib).
> But then from the libpq interface how do I call it?

It can use functions written in PL languages. See below:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-createeventtrigger.html

for an example written in plpgsql.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Igor Korot
Сообщение: Re: How to watch for schema changes
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: How to watch for schema changes