Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?

От marcelo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll be using Devart's dotConnect. I have two alternatives at this moment

a) To set the user name to the required schema. This has the (little)
drawback that forces user configuration for every schema...
b) To manually do something like the JDBC driver you mention, but it
triggers some questions
b.1) To execute the set search_path one must be connected, database name
included. I think by that time, the default schema is determined. Or I
am wrong, am I?
b.2) The search_path is valid for the database or restricted to the
connection?

Thank you

On 14/07/17 09:59, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> marcelo schrieb am 14.07.2017 um 13:59:
>> Could I select a specific schema in the connection string? Say, by example database=mydb.schemanumbertwo ?
> The JDBC driver does indeed support that:
>
>     jdbc:postgresql://localhost/somedatabase?currentSchema=some_schema
>
> I think in the backround it then simply runs a
>
>     set search_path = some_schema;
>
> after the connection has been established.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?