refactor some protocol message sending in walsender and basebackup

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема refactor some protocol message sending in walsender and basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Some places in walsender.c and basebackup_copy.c open-code the sending
of RowDescription and DataRow protocol messages.  But there are already
more compact and robust solutions available for this, using
DestRemoteSimple and associated machinery, already in use in walsender.c.

The attached patches 0001 and 0002 are tiny bug fixes I found during this.

Patches 0003 and 0004 are the main refactorings.  They should probably
be combined into one patch eventually, but this way the treatment of
RowDescription and DataRow is presented separately.
Вложения