Re: Password encryption

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Password encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 04/15/2018 05:22 PM, Azimuddin Mohammed wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way I can encrypt the default password column of db user
> password. I know by default the password is encrypted as md5, can we
> encrypt that of shadow column for password?

Are you talking about this view?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/view-pg-shadow.html

If so that is only readable by superusers:

production=# \c - aklaver
You are now connected to database "production" as user "aklaver".

production=> select * from pg_shadow ;
ERROR:  permission denied for relation pg_shadow

production=> \c - postgres
You are now connected to database "production" as user "postgres".

production=# select * from pg_shadow ;
     usename     | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | userepl |
usebypassrls |               passwd                | valuntil | useconfig

Assuming someone is in your database as a superuser, access to the
password field in pg_shadow is pretty much moot.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com