Problem:- createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

От Jaisen N.D.
Тема Problem:- createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Дата
Ответы Re: Problem:- createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory  (Tommy Gildseth <tommy.gildseth@usit.uio.no>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hai, I use Debian Etch. I have a problem with postgresql 8.1. I have uninstalled the postgresql-8.3, which I was took from debian back ports, removed its configuration files, and the user postgres also. Then installed postgresql-8.1. But when I started to create a database, it shows some message like this..
Here is the output I got:-
localhost:/home/user# su - postgres
postgres@localhost:~$ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/initdb -D /var/lib/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_IN.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.

initdb: directory "/var/lib/postgresql/data" exists but is not empty
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory "/var/lib/postgresql/data" or run initdb
with an argument other than "/var/lib/postgresql/data".
postgres@localhost:~$ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/postgresql/data -l logfile start
postmaster starting
postgres@localhost:~$ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/createdb test
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
        connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
postgres@localhost:~$
Why it can't connect to server? How can I resolve it??

--