Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??

От Eugene Poole
Тема Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??
Дата
Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general

I've asked most of my OS based questions on another mail list, but I think this is more specific:

On a physical machine I'm running CentOS-6 64-bit with Oracle 11gR2 and I want to migrate to another physical machine running CentOS-7 64-bit with PostgreSQL ??

1. What version of PostgreSQL should I use?

2. I don't want to use a RPM because I like controlling where software is installed, so where can I locate the required tar ball?

3. Would I use ora2pg do do the move? Is ora2pg still maintained?

4. Is there a better conversion package?

5. What additional information might be helpful?

TIA

Gene

--
Eugene Poole