Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/5/2017 10:59 AM, Eugene Poole wrote:
> 2. I don't want to use a RPM because I like controlling where software
> is installed ....

then why are you using CentOS/RHEL ?   those are by design RPM managed
distribution, and rpms with their service scripts etc tend to be pretty
fixed about where they need to be.   things like selinux all need to
know where the components live.

the yum.postgresql.org RPMs all install the binary code to
/usr/pgsql-X.Y/ and default the database location to
/var/lib/pgsql/X.Y/data... if I need the data on a dedicated volume, I
tend to mount said volume to /var/lib/pgsql before I initialize the
database.    reason I do the pgsql dir and not the version specific data
directory is so pg_upgrade can use link mode to upgrade a cluster.

Сообщение: Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??
Сообщение: RE: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??