Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/11/09 14:04, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/11/09 4:39, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> and if somebody has it, a change to how defaults are applied
>> when routing tuples.
>
> I haven't written such a patch yet.  Do we want such a feature?

Or is it a *bug* of tuple-routing that it doesn't substitute default
values that may be defined for partitions?  It kind of looks like one if
you see an example like this.

create table p (a int, b int) partition by list (a);
create table p1 partition of p (b not null default 1) for values in (1);
insert into p1 values (1);
table p;
 a │ b
───┼───
 1 │ 1
(1 row)

insert into p values (1);
ERROR:  null value in column "b" violates not-null constraint
DETAIL:  Failing row contains (1, null).

Thanks,
Amit