Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> select * from table where table_id in (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ...)

I usually try to rewrite this kind of queries to

select whatever from table t1 join
(select table_id from xxxxx where xxxxx) t2 using (table_id)

And 3 out of 4 this performs better on Oracle and PostgreSQL.

Would be curious why it does , but usually I am happy that it does:)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare