Missing error message on missing ssl-key-files

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Missing error message on missing ssl-key-files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
PostgreSQL 8.1.5 and 8.2.1

both on W2K3, installed from the standard win32 msi installer.

Problem:

in postgresql.conf

ssl=3Don

but the files server.key etc. are NOT present.

Result: PostgreSQL service does not start. And no error message in any
log I could access: nothing in the Windows Event Log, nothing in the
pg_log (not even starts a file)

[in this case it was me doing the SSL-setup, missing to copy the key
files; BUT... they could get deleted / made inaccessible a later time,
and THEN it get's impossible to diagnose the problem]

Proposed solution:
write an error message to pg_log/ or windows event log on missing
ssl-server-key-files.

Harald

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstra=DFe 202b
70197 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
-
Python: the only language with more web frameworks than keywords.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2885: to_char function
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2885: to_char function