Re: why not kill -9 postmaster

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: why not kill -9 postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> If your server is changing the data file on disk and you pull the power
> cord, what chance do you expect of reading that data file again?

1.  That's what we have WAL for.  The only thing that can really kill
you is the use of non-battery-backed write cache.

Just for information: I had to suffer numerous BOS (blue screen of death) on an W2k3 Server running PostgreSQL 8.0 and 8.1 for Windows.

Every time the database restarted without data loss and without operator invention.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare