Re: Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Same "slow motion" is happening on resizing the output pane panel.

What's happening is that when the grid control redraws itself, it asks the dataset what the header labels should be. The dataset then queries the database to get the correct typename (because libpq's PGresult only stores the type OIDs) for each column.

Hmmm.... isn't the relation type OID -> type fixed for every given instance of a database?
Maybe it would be even quicker to have a local cache of

typeOID -> typeName

So even new queries will get their column headers quick.

>I've committed a fix that will cache the type names as they are requested so that after the >initial display, subsequent redraws won't cause any queries to be sent to the backend.

Thats fine.
Of course, this behaviour doesn't show up on a fast PC running the server on localhost :-)

Aaaah... now I know why with at 1600 (4pm) that redraw grew faster ... most people left the office, so the WAN was more responsive :)

Thanks for caching,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Сообщение: Re: Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion
Сообщение: Re: Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion