Re: Release 13 of the PostgreSQL BuildFarm client

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Release 13 of the PostgreSQL BuildFarm client
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
On 8/3/21 4:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm planning on issuing a 12.1 release fairly soon with this patch, but
>> as I developed it fairly quickly and through the fog of some painkillers
>> I'd appreciate more eyes on it first :-)
> I tested this on gaur, and it seems to work --- at least, it gets
> through the git checkout step now.  (It'll be a few hours before
> the run finishes.)
>
> One nit is that personally I could do without this:
>
> +            my $gversion = `git --version`;
> +            chomp $gversion;
> +            print "$gversion too old to for automatic default branch update\n";
>
> Aside from the message typo, that'll produce useless every-run chatter in
> affected owners' cron logs.  I'd probably soon set skip_git_default_check
> to silence it, at which point it might as well not be there.

I'll fix the typo and make it only print the warning in verbose mode, I
hope that will suit. On those machines where you can't update git you
should just set skip_git_default_check.

> Thanks for fixing it, though.  I wasted a couple of hours last night
> trying to build current git on prairiedog and gaur, with no luck so far.
> I think just blowing away their git repos when the master-branch rename
> happens will be a much more appropriate amount of effort.

Indeed. I've been down that path before, with similar success.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Release 13 of the PostgreSQL BuildFarm client
Сообщение: Re: Release 13 of the PostgreSQL BuildFarm client