Re: Is it acceptable making COPY format extendable?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Is it acceptable making COPY format extendable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20240315.173754.2049843193122381085.kou%40clear-code.com#07aefc636d8165204ddfba971dc9a490
> (I sent some pings.)
>
> So I called this status as "stalled".
>
> I'm not familiar with the PostgreSQL's development
> style. What should I do for this case? Should I just wait
> for a reply from others without doing anything?

PostgreSQL development is currently in feature freeze for PostgreSQL 17
(since April 8).  So most participants will not be looking very closely
at development projects for releases beyond that.  The next commitfest
for patches targeting PostgreSQL 18 is in July, and I see your patch
registered there.  It's possible that your thread is not going to get
much attention until then.

So, in summary, you are doing everything right, you just have to be a
bit more patient right now. :)