Re: Is it acceptable making COPY format extendable?

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Is it acceptable making COPY format extendable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for replying this.

In <02cccd36-3083-4a50-aae4-f957e96fb7c3@eisentraut.org>
  "Re: Is it acceptable making COPY format extendable?" on Wed, 24 Apr 2024 09:57:38 +0200,
  Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

>> I'm proposing a patch that making COPY format extendable:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20231204.153548.2126325458835528809.kou%40clear-code.com
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4681/
>>
>> But my proposal stalled. It it acceptable the feature
>> request that making COPY format extendable? If it's not
>> acceptable, what are blockers? Performance?
>
> I think that thread is getting an adequate amount of attention.  Of
> course, you can always wish for more, but "stalled" looks very
> different.

Sorry for "stalled" misuse.

I haven't got any reply since 2024-03-15:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20240315.173754.2049843193122381085.kou%40clear-code.com#07aefc636d8165204ddfba971dc9a490
(I sent some pings.)

So I called this status as "stalled".

I'm not familiar with the PostgreSQL's development
style. What should I do for this case? Should I just wait
for a reply from others without doing anything?

> Let's not start a new thread here to discuss the merits of the other
> thread; that discussion belongs there.

I wanted to discuss possibility for this feature request in
this thread. I wanted to use my existing thread is for how
to implement this feature request.

Should I reuse
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAJ7c6TM6Bz1c3F04Cy6%2BSzuWfKmr0kU8c_3Stnvh_8BR0D6k8Q%40mail.gmail.com
for it instead of this thread?