Unable to fire up the server when modifying client authentication setting!

От Verhaag Geert (GEN)
Тема Unable to fire up the server when modifying client authentication setting!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I’m currently using version 8.4, and installed everything seems to work properly.

However, I’m having trouble with setting client authentication properly!

Client authentication is controlled by the configuration file named pg_hba.conf.

When I add the option map=myname  like this:

local   all         all                               trust    map=myname

to the file mentioned above the server won’t fire up anymore! No messages in the log?

By the way I added myname to the pg_ident.conf file like:

# MAPNAME     SYSTEM-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME

myname             systemusername          pgusername

What is wrong here?

Regards,

Gerard