Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Korry,

On Sep 6, 2007, at 10:23 AM, korry.douglas wrote:

> John, I started writing up the API documentation and then noticed
> that most of what I intended to write is already described in the
> pldbgapi.c module.
>
> Take a look at that module and let me know if you have any
> questions (you can e-mail me off-list if you like).  I'll update
> the documentation in pldbgapi.c as needed.

I just noticed that when digging around last night. It helped a lot
with my understanding of how things work. I think that needs to go in
the readme file or at least reference it from the readme file.

I would still like to see a simple example using psql. I know you
would not really use psql for this, but I think it would help a lot
with getting started for folks that want to use the debugger. I did
not spend lots of time on it, but even after reading pldbgapi.c I was
not able to get simple session going (e.g. how to start a session and
request the source for a procedure).

Thanks,

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.