Re: cross column correlation revisted

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: cross column correlation revisted
Дата
Re: cross column correlation revisted  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
hello ...

a view is already nice but i think it is still too narrow.
the problem is: you don't want a view for every potential join.
in addition to that - ideally there is not much left of a view when it comes to checking for costs.
so, i think, this is not the kind of approach leading to total success here.

one side question: does anybody happen to know how this is one in oracle or db2?
many thanks,
    hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH