Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 5, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

>> The open commitfest? Even if its an "important" bug fix that should be
>> backpatched?
>
> Considering that the issue appears to have been ignored from
> mid-February until early October, I don't see why it should now get to
> jump to the head of the queue.  Other people may have different
> opinions, of course.

Proper encoding of text data to and from Perl is more important every day, as it's used for more and more uses beyond
ASCII.I think it's important to backport such issues modulo behavioral changes.

Best,

David