Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Royce Ausburn <royce.ml@inomial.com> writes:
> Initial Review for patch:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-09/msg00744.php
> The patch adds a means of specifying named  cursor parameter arguments in pg/plsql.

>     � Do we want that?

> I very rarely use pg/plsql, so I won't speak to its utility.  However there has been some discussion about the idea:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-09/msg01440.php

I still think what I said in that message, which is that it's premature
to add this syntax to plpgsql cursors when we have thoughts of changing
it.  There is not any groundswell of demand from the field for named
parameters to cursors, so I think we can just leave this in abeyance
until the function case has settled.