Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От Dianne Skoll
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wow, that's good sleuthing!  Are you going to report the bug to the rsync maintainers?

You can work around it by not having your script trust rsync, but to do a sha1 hash on both ends after rsync exits.  We
dothis in production because we once encountered a server with bad memory that was mysteriously corrupting the files;
weended up never removing the sha1-comparison code.

Regards,

Dianne.

On February 28, 2018 8:10:59 PM EST, Rui DeSousa <rui.desousa@icloud.com> wrote:

>I’ve tested this and it seems that there is a still a bug in rsync
>(rsync  version 3.1.2  protocol version 31).  I used a 1GB archive
>filesytem to allow for an out of space test case.  Not sure of the
>actual cause as it seems to work a few times; however, it then fails
>leaving a truncated file and returning a success code.

Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network