Comma Comma Comma 8601

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Comma Comma Comma 8601
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

According to [Wikipedia](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Times):

> Decimal fractions may also be added to any of the three time elements. A decimal mark, either a comma or a dot
(withoutany preference as stated in resolution 10 of the 22nd General Conference CGPM in 2003,[11] but with a
preferencefor a comma according to ISO 8601:2004)[12] is used as a separator between the time element and its fraction.
Afraction may only be added to the lowest order time element in the representation. To denote "14 hours, 30 and one
halfminutes", do not include a seconds figure. Represent it as "14:30,5", "1430,5", "14:30.5", or "1430.5". There is no
limiton the number of decimal places for the decimal fraction. However, the number of decimal places needs to be agreed
toby the communicating parties.

I assume that the Postgres project has no interest in supporting the input of whack times like “14:30.5”, “1430.5”,
“14:30.5”,or “1430.5”, right? I mean, that’s just bizarre, amirite?

But I do wonder if the comma should be allowed for fractional seconds, since the spec says it is preferred (and often
usedin Javaland, I’m told). As in “14:30:50,232”. Thoughts?

Best,

David

PS: Apologies if you somehow ended up with a bad 80s pop song in your head.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Expression indexes and dependecies
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables