Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables
Дата
Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> SELECT * from top5();
 $ TABLE top5;  -- add a view on top of the SRF

> you cannot use parameters - then I have to have prepared files like
> top10, top20, ... what is not too friendly

The SRF could be using custom GUCs so that you can parametrize it, or
just even classic parameters…
 $ TABLE top(5);  -- needs a patch to accept SRF here… $ TABLE top LIMIT 5;
 $ SET top.limit = 5; $ TABLE top;

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine